Parr's Permaculture Design

Parr's Permaculture Design

Sunday, October 3, 2010

5th September 2010

Group email 6:



Hello lovelies! 

Some of you may already know about my plans for the rest of the year, others not.  Its been an amazing 6-months full of inspiration, insight and wonder, which culminates with the decision to move on from Melbourne to a more rural life in a lush place not too far away... to the island of Tasmania.  I am joining forces with Slipstream Circus, a youth circus based in Ulverstone on the north coast, to help them deliver social circus programs throughout the island, and also to be closer to nature, living a full life close to my heart.

For those of you in Melbourne, I am having TWO send off parties. The first is next weekend Sat 11th September at More Fire! (dancehall reggae gig near the Queen Vic markets) - you are invited to join me for an epic dance-your-legs-off occasion:
More Fire (Reggae Dancehall) - at the Mercat Cross Hotel (near Queen Vic Markets), 10pm til late.  

I know it's short notice and not everyone will be able to come, hence planning another large gathering in December... I'm not exactly sure of what will happen just yet... I'm joining forces with my good friend Briar (she is going back home to New Zealand around the same time) and we plan to throw a party of all parties!  Will let you know what we come up with later in the year.
So after the convention in a mere 12 days, I put all my belongings on the ferry, and pack my car for the road. WWOOFing (willing workers on organic farms) Victoria is the main task on the agenda for 3 months, with other exciting trips along the way including the Australian Permaculture Convergence (Cairns), International Intentional Communities Conference (Cairns) and Circulation circus festival (NZ). I'm incredibly excited to go travelling again, on another journey of discovery and intrepidation. If anyone knows of a good wwoof host in Victoria, properties with permaculture principles are at the top of my list, please send any suggestions through to me.  I have plenty to choose from in the wwoof book but recommendations are always great.

As before I will send updates to keep you in the loop with the latest discoveries during my travels.  Feel free to do the same back!  

While I'm here I may as well mention that if you've got nothing better to do between Friday 17th and Monday 20th Sept, here's some stuff you might like to come watch: 
The Couch Show, a fun open-stage show starts 8pm Friday 17th. 
Saturday 18th we're hosting the Public Show ($20) - 2pm and 8pm shows.
On Sunday there are more free shows from 6.30pm. 
Monday 11am-1pm we are running the Juggling Games, free event with a BBQ. 
There's also a semi-secret MJC after-party happening on the Monday night... I can't say much right now but if you want to come and join us, let me know! 

I hope this email finds you well and brimming with excitement for Spring. 

Love and hugs to you all, 

Christian. 


No comments:

Post a Comment