Parr's Permaculture Design

Parr's Permaculture Design

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog goes up...

So I decided to put up a blog.  It's a place where I can log my new and exciting journey in the world of Permaculture, and it's as much for you, as it is for me.  
I'm a little pessimistic about whether people actually read blogs (I know a handful of of my friends do), so if there was no use for it myself, I wouldn't bother.  But I figure I'd more likely write a blog than a book, as I can add in photos, videos and other snippets from around the web.  It's predominantly an outlet for, and a record of, all the awesomeness that has come into my life through a wonderful, amazing and incredibly clever design system, which they say changes your eyes... changes the way you see the world.  
I have to admit that it has done exactly that to me.  
Since embarking on a 72-hr Permaculture Design Course with Robyn Francis in Nimbin (Jan 2010), is has connected me to my true heart, and made me realise that I cannot live the life I seek within the city of Melbourne, and instead to seek a new place to embark on the rest of my life... I have chosen Tasmania. 

I'd love to go deep into the story of my life right now but I am time poor. I have to pack my bags here at Digger Street Intentional Community, Cairns, to move on to the next location. 

In the meantime I am going to post up all the group emails I have sent to people near and dear to me inthe past, and in due course photos... photos of things that I can see now much more clearly than ever before. 

So welcome to my world, to my journey.  Thanks for joining me, feel free to post a comment! 

'From little things, big things grow...'

3 comments:

  1. Hey Christian!, It's Sylph Hawkins here, ^_^

    It's so funny that I just got the link to your permaculture blog, as I just spent a good hour or so yesturday talking to one of the members of the Northern Melbourne Permie Group, (up here in Hurstbridge), and I'm excited about getting involved, bringing all my Solar + Wind Off-grid electricity knowledge, and finally getting the help I need with general farming/vege's/landscaping/etc...

    Let me know if you are ever wanting to set up some scale of off-grid electricity at your place, and I'd love to be involved and help out where I can. =)

    Many Hands Make Light Work,
    - Keep posting,
    - Sylph ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to come and have a look at your setup. Not sure if you will get this message automatically in your inbox, so will send you an email now too. Yey for people who give a crap about the humble planet we reside on, and the size of their footprint on it.

    Much love to you.

    "From little things, big things grow"

    PS do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete